Sunday, March 09, 2008

A Blessing from God

Suspect's mom to Burk family: 'I am sorry' | ajc.com:
But it was police officers from Phenix City who caught and arrested Lockhart on Friday.

'I wouldn't call it a lucky break,' Auburn police Assistant Chief Tommy Dawson said Saturday. 'I would call it a blessing from God.'

Police held a news conference in Auburn late Saturday morning to announce that Lockhart has been charged with three crimes: capital murder during a kidnapping, capital murder during a robbery and capital murder during an attempted rape.

It always jumps out at me how people are prone to credit their god with some things but not others. God spared your house (but not hers). God saved my child (but not yours). God did this (but not that).

God helped you catch the suspect (but didn't lift a finger to save the victim's life)?

Nothing like counting the hits.

No comments: