Thursday, August 31, 2006

Animazing

.
I've owned and enjoyed the first Animusic DVD for a couple of years now, so yesterday I picked up Animusic 2 as an impulse buy at Fry's, and I'm glad I did.

Animusic 2 is very cool. Highly recommended. My favorite tracks are Starship Groove (see the YouTube embed below) and Pogo Sticks, followed closely by Cathedral Pictures (Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition).

Here's a good article: Inside Animusic's Astonishing Computer Music Videos

The YouTube embed below only gives an idea of Animusic. It is a not-quite complete promotional clip of Starship Groove. Check out the samples at the Animusic site for a better idea of the quality of this thing, and then imagine it on the larger screen. (Our TV is just an old 27 inch cheapie, so I can only imagine the experience with a nice, modern big-screen.)

I won't wait so long to buy Animusic 3 whenever it's released.




No comments: