Sunday, February 04, 2007

Unity08: Select & Elect a Unity Ticket in the 2008 Presidential Race |

Unity08: Select & Elect a Unity Ticket in the 2008 Presidential Race

Yes, I am inclined to vote for a bipartisan ticket in 2008, as long as they don't do something stupid like nominate operators like Carville/Matalin.

Some people are against this effort because they see another spoiler. I don't care about that. As long as this thing turns out to be what it seems now to be, I say more power to them.

Here's what I'm looking for, in no particular order:
  • Pro-nuclear energy and pro- other atmospherically benign energy sources with significant positive net energy. (If they promote corn ethanol I'll know they're not serious.)
  • Effective administration of the death penalty
  • End that massive stupidity of a drug war
  • End earmarks
  • Establish independent ethics watchdogs. None of this business of We won't go after yours if you don't go after ours.
  • Modernize the nuclear arsenal. Have the best military, able to prevail in two simultaneous wars. DO NOT engage the military in police work or building democracy. If there's a need for military intervention, be bloody-minded, get the job done as quickly as possible, then get out
  • Direct the country's (and the countries') attention to the need for sustainability.
  • Promote family planning
  • Immigration reform
  • and so on

2 comments:

jj mollo said...

OK. I nominate Steve. You have my vote.

I hope you're a good speaker.

Steve said...

I am unelectable, which may be a good thing.

Thanks anyway, though.