Thursday, June 30, 2005

Debunking the Debunkers - American Prospect Online

Debunking the Debunkers - American Prospect Online

The Wall Street Journal lost me as a subscriber a while back because, thought their reporting on events was good, their editorial policy was, well, not to my liking.

What precipitated my departure was their support for Bjorn Lomborg and their adoration of his book, The Skeptical Environmentalist, which I read and though was clearly bullshit (along with a bunch of other people whose views I respect).

When WSJ's support of Lomborg extended to their completely ignoring news of Lomborg's censure by the Danish Committee on Scientific Dishonesty (not one syllable in the WSJ), I left.

Now WSJ is debunking climate change science on their editorial pages, and their Rep. Barton has scheduled hearings in the House to that end.

One can only hope that the Barton hearings will trip them up on the basis that when you call hearings, you have to actually listen to testimony.

Or maybe that's the catch.

No comments: