Friday, June 01, 2007

Jack Kevorkian, Hero, Released from Prison

Kevorkian Out of Prison After 8 Years - Forbes.com

I admire Dr. Kevorkian, and wish him well for the rest of his days.

He can speak about assisted suicide, but can't show people how to make a machine like one he invented to give lethal drugs to those who wanted to die, Department of Corrections spokesman Russ Marlan said.

I wonder if he's prohibited from mentioning Derek Humphry's book, Final Exit: The Practicalities of Self-Deliverance and Assisted Suicide for the Dying?

I wonder if he's prohibited from telling people about the Internet as a means of finding information?

Long live Jack Kevorkian!

1 comment:

jj mollo said...

Sometimes I think our society is insane. The suffering that is caused in the name of medical treatment is unconscionable. Is life so precious that it must continue no matter what effect is has on the patient? When the time comes, I hope I have the strength to resist being processed by these overeager knifewielders.

I think Kevorkian is strange, but I am with you. I admire his courage and persistence and decency. He has probably prevented more suffering than a lot of doctors.