Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Complete Rubbish: BBC NEWS | Health | Man 'took 40,000 ecstasy tablets'

BBC NEWS | Health | Man 'took 40,000 ecstasy tablets'

My respect for the BBC took another hit today when I saw this utterly worthless story. I've not so much as seen an ecstasy tablet in my life, but I know enough to recognize bullshit when I see it, and this story is a perfect example.

Doctors at St George's Hospital, London said Mr A's case was extreme, but showed ecstasy's long-term effects.
Oh, really? Sort of like showing the long-term effects of swimming in sulfuric acid?

When he saw doctors at the addiction centre at St George's Hospital, Tooting, south London, he was still using cannabis, and said he had previously taken solvents, benzodiazepines, amphetamines, LSD, cocaine, and heroin.
Oh, well, this certainly bolsters the reliability of the man's self-reporting, doesn't it?

Reducing his cannabis use meant Mr A's paranoia and hallucinations disappeared, and his panic attacks were reduced, but his other symptoms persisted.
Give me a break!

This is probably an extreme case
Probably an extreme case? Probably? Jesus Christ man, what would it take to convince you?

so we should not blow any observations out of proportion.
What, you mean like publishing this article?

This article is completely contemptible. Shame on the BBC!

No comments: